At Laddey, Clark & Ryan we are committed to providing the business community with important updates and information regarding COVID-19 programs, laws and regulations effecting businesses.
1. Federal Stimulus Package. The Senate approved the largest emergency aid package in modern history. The bill will go to the House of Representatives tomorrow morning for approval and then be sent to President Trump for his signature. Many of the details have not been released, but it is anticipated that the stimulus package will include $250 billion in relief for individuals and families, $367 billion for small businesses, $500 billion for distressed industries (i.e. airlines), $150 for state and local governments and $130 billion for the health care industry.
2. Executive Order 107. On March 24, 2020, Administrative Order 2020-5 was signed by New Jersey's Director of Emergency Management. Order 2020-5 expands Governor Murphy's Executive Order 107's list of businesses that provide "essential services" to include:
a. Mobile phone retail and repair stores
b. Bicycle shops-limited to service and repairs
c. Livestock feed stores
d. Nurseries and garden centers
e. Farming equipment stores
3. Public Utilities. Public water companies, electricity and gas suppliers that are regulated by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities have voluntarily agreed to suspend service shut offs during the COVID-19 crisis.
For any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Business Law Practice Group:
- Angelo J. Bolcato (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jonathan N. Frodella (email@example.com)
- Thomas N. Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard T. Sweeney (email@example.com
Our attorneys can also be reached at: 973-729-1880