- December 9, 2021
The subject of bias – both conscious and unconscious – has become a part of the national conversation. Naturally, employers need to face up to the hard – and, often, difficult to navigate – issues that bias presents in the workplace. As an employer, addressing bias will attract and retain employees, improve productivity and positively impact your bottom line.
- We will consider the following questions, among others:
- What are the different kinds of bias?
- What is unconscious bias and how does it affect the workplace?
- How can unintentional discrimination lead to discriminatory outcomes?
- What can you do as an employer to reduce bias and its negative impact?
- Who has the burden of proof when bias has been alleged?
- What steps can you take when bias has been alleged?
- What are do’s and don’ts when dealing with charges of bias?
- What is the relationship between harassment, hostile work environments and implicit bias?
- How and when should you escalate incidents of implicit bias to prevent a pervasive, ongoing pattern that would constitute harassment?
We will also invite you to ask the questions on your mind.