The CMS IFR vaccination policy is now in effect in 26 states, including New Jersey. The policy requires vaccination of healthcare workers that work in certified Medicare and Medicaid facilities. This rule requires all covered employees to receive first dose by Dec. 6, and to be fully vaccinated by Jan 4. 2022. No changes have been made for the compliance dates for the CMS vaccine policy at the moment. Unlike the OSHA ETS, there is no weekly test option under the CMS IFR, with very limited exceptions.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the OSHA ETS or the CMS IFR in your business, or would like assistance in drafting any policies to ensure your company is in compliance, reach out to the LCR COVID-19 Advisory Team at Laddey, Clark & Ryan, LLP at 973-729-1880 or via email:
- Thomas N. Ryan, Esq. (email@example.com)
- Angelo J. Bolcato, Esq. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jonathan N. Frodella, Esq. (email@example.com)
- Shan H. Kadkoy, Esq. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ursula H. Leo, Esq. (email@example.com)
- Renata A. Mizak, Esq. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Anne E. Mulhern (email@example.com)
The foregoing is not intended, and should not be construed as, legal advice or guidance or an offer to provide legal services by Laddey, Clark & Ryan, LLP. The contents of this communication is for informational purposes only and should not be relied on, or considered, in making any decisions or taking any actions. If you wish to inquire about legal services, please contact Laddey, Clark & Ryan, LLP, at firstname.lastname@example.org.